Friday, November 11, 2011

A (Predator and Parasite) Rat-Bite Victim

I, the author of this post got bitten by rat on 13, September 2011 if I'm not mistaken. The rats in our house is just a black-colored street rat, (rattus rattus) it is kind of a predator and parasite. When I am in sleep, I think is at 6 AM. I feel a pain in my index finger (also called 'pointer finger', or 'forefinger') of my left hand, it feels like a small nail was pierced on my finger, and I just ignored it and continue slipping. But when I felt that the pain is going deeper, I have changed my hand's position. It's dark on that time, so I just touch my left index finger with my left thumb, and I feel that it doesn't have a wound. When I woke up, I think is at 9:30 AM. I remember my finger and I rapidly check it, and I saw a small wound with a dry blood. I hardly squeeze and squish it more times to make the high amount of blood came out, and I think, I wash it 3 times after that.

Healed left hand's index finger on the black rat bites.The image at the left side is the (distal phalanx/'digital bone' area) part of my finger where did I've got bitten by a black rat 2 months ago but it is totally healed.

The worrying on that day, is I didn't go to any hospital or clinic because I have no chance, and didn't have a courage to go in those place, cause I'm just a poor with a lot of problems. I do web searching about rat bites, and I found that the rabies in the rat is have a very, very low chance or nothing. But there are two kind of rat-bite fever. I didn't know what should I do on the bacteria in my wound cause I think the rat bites me deeper. I've eaten 5 cloves of garlic thinking it can reduce the chance of the rabies but I didn't know if it is true or not.

On the first and the second days after the bites, I felt different, I fell hot in my body when I've touching my belly using both of my hands, but I didn't know if that is only my thought. The most worst day after the bites is in the 2nd day cause I am not comfortable on that day, the second worst is in the 1st day. On the third day, my different feeling on my body is not yet better but on my fourth day, I feel better than before those days.

How to Avoid Rat Bites
Simply, raise a cat as your pet in your house. Catch some rat by using some tools like rat trap or a rat poison but be careful. Watch your step carefully if you're in a dark place. If you're in sleeping, just don't place your feet or your hand into unseen place, and put into your mind that when you feel pain on some part of your body feels like it's piercing a nail, do not ignore it like what I've did!

As I do a search on the web about the rat bites, the best thing to do if you've bitten by rat, is to consult it to a doctor specially if that rat is a predator and parasite. Many of a victims are releases in the hospital after washing their wound that they've got on the bites. So, if you've bitten when you're slipping, do not ignore it even if you still feels sleepy! Or keep the bacteria of the rat's mouth in the bitten part of your body and it will harm you? If you didn't consult it to a doctor, just keep it clean, eat a lot of fruits and herbs, and watch yourself in 10 days as the recommendation of some articles. If you surely feels (and not just your thought) that there is a different in your condition, then that time is to consult yourself to doctor.

A week ago after the bites, I felt different on the palm of my left index finger. And a month ago, that palm's skin take off and changed with a new skin, and my different felt on my index finger's palm is slightly going back to normal, and I think that is a caused of the squeezed and squished that I've made. But until this 2nd month after the bite, I still very, very slightly feel my squeezed and squished on the palm of my left index finger even it was already changed its skin but I didn't know if it just my thought. (I think it's just my thought..) Again, I am a victim of a rat bites 2 months ago before this post were published, and I didn't go to any hospital or clinic. I just forced it to bleed and keep it clean. But now 2 months ago after the bites, I'm still alive..

I intentionally published this post lately to make sure that I am still alive on the bites of the wild rat a months ago, and it is much more over to the recommendations of some articles to watch the rat-bite victim in 10 days. I'm now okay on the bites!

No comments:

Post a Comment